Mother, daughter endure an apartment fire with help from the community

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=151146&catid=3

BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER)–A mother and her daughter are left homeless after a breathing apparatus malfunctioned and started their apartment on fire.

On March second sparks from Robin Oja’s breathing tube started a fire that destroyed her home in Bangor. Oja and her eleven year old daughter escaped the flames with their lives, a few possessions and their cat, Smokey.

Support from 14 local businesses and donations from the community have helped Oja get back on her feet. Fire and water restoration experts say there is a great need to help fire victims in Maine.

Anyone interested in helping fire victims in Maine can make a donation to the American Red Cross.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *