Property damage restoration company, Paul Davis, provides safety tips for
National Preparedness Month in September
Old Town, ME – Paul Davis, a leading national provider of water, fire and mold damage clean up and restoration services for residential and commercial properties, supports National Preparedness Month to help individuals and families. “Disasters can strike at any time. It is essential to take readiness steps now for a better response later,” said Keith Trembley, owner of Paul Davis Restoration of Central Maine “The National Preparedness Month event is a great reminder for communities and businesses everywhere to always be prepared for a disaster.”
According to The Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA), the program focuses on preparing for threats and hazards that pose the greatest risk to the security of the United States. It is the shared responsibility of individuals, communities, private and nonprofit sectors, faith-based organizations, along with Federal, state, and local government.
The program stresses the lessening of impact from natural disasters and promotes quick response to save lives, protect property, the environment, and meet basic human needs in the aftermath of a catastrophic incident.
This year, the National Preparedness Month theme includes creating a family emergency plan; emergency supply kits; help for neighbors in need, and teamwork for safety. Visit www.Ready.gov for information.
Paul Davis recommends the following for a Basic Emergency Kit:
• Water – one gallon per person per day for at least three days
• Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
• Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
• Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
• Cell Phone and charger
• Flashlight and extra batteries
• First aid kit – sterile gloves; adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; gauze pads; iodine/alcohol pads; medical tape; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
• Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, site maps, employee contact, computer backup files, emergency and law enforcement information, and priority documents. Store a second set of records off-site.
About Paul Davis:
Paul Davis Restoration, Inc., a subsidiary of FirstService Corporation (NASDAQ: FSRV; TSX: FSV), is a national franchisor and leading provider of restoration services for residential and commercial properties since 1966. Paul Davis also provides complete remodeling services and has franchise locations throughout North America with owners and technicians who are certified by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Visit the local office website at www.keithtrembley.com.