If you live in Maine, then you know that the weather can change at the drop of a hat. On Monday, March 21st, the first day of Spring came bearing almost 6 inches of snow. However, it is still officially Spring, which means that warmer weather is right around the corner. That means that you can get started on some of the projects you waited all winter for.
The following projects are perfect to start as soon as the snow finishes melting.
- Update your rain gutters. You may not be too excited for this project, since it doesn’t do too much to add to the curbside appeal of your home, but it certainly does keep your home from getting damaged. It’s also likely that your old gutters were damaged by some of the snowfall and stormy weather over the past few months.
- Update your siding. Winter weather can be harsh on your house’s siding, especially if it’s older. Have a professional come and assess the damage and have them help you decide on a siding that can last for years, despite New England’s ferocious weather. New siding can also add to the curb appeal and overall value of your home.
- Build a deck. Building a deck is the perfect way to welcome the warmer weather. They come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and materials, and give you the perfect place to host barbecues, or relax on a beautiful day. If you have a professional help you build your deck with pressure treated wood, your deck will also survive the upcoming winter.
- Repair your roof. Roofing can also take a hit during the winter months. The last thing you need is leaks when the April showers roll around.
- Add skylights. While repairing your roof, why not add some skylights? Skylights not only allow an abundance of natural light into your home, but are also energy efficient when installed properly by one of our talented technicians.
- Sand your floors. While this project can be done during the winter, Spring is also a great time for it. Sanding your floors creates a lot of dust, and being able to open windows and doors makes it a bit easier to air out the house.
- Do some dry-walling. While this is another project that can be done during the winter, warmer weather and being able to open doors and windows can certainly expedite the process.
- Build an addition. Whether it’s a mud room, an enclosed porch, or a sun room, building an addition can provide you with much needed space. While this project can be done almost anytime during the year, better weather means less delays. The sooner it gets done, the more time you’ll have to enjoy it.
- Lay some asphalt. The perfect temperature and amount of moisture will make for the perfect driveway or paved area.
- Install a new mailbox. Perhaps your mailbox was a casualty of a snowplow this winter. Even if it wasn’t, it may have seen its better days. Mailboxes are generally inexpensive and can really add to the curb appeal of your home.
If you need help with some of your Spring projects, give us a call at 888-869-9395 or visit us at keithtrembley.com.